National strength can only be built on character. A nation is nothing more or less than its citizenry. It is the people that make up a nation and, therefore a nation cannot be stronger than its component parts. Their weakness is its failings, their strength its power. Show me a people composed of vigorous, sturdy individuals of men and women healthy in mind and body, courteous, brave, industrious, self-reliant, and purposeful in thoughts as well as in actions, imbeud with sound patriotism and a profound sense of righteousness, with high social ideals and strong moral fibers-and I will show you a great nation that will not be submerged. A nation that will emerge victorious from trials and bitter strifes of a destructed world. A nation that will live forever, sharing the common task and advancing the welfare and promoting the happiness of mankind.
The upward climb of mankind has been universal. In the human landscape, there are peaks and valleys, and deep chasms. Generally, there is a need for potent social upheavals, volcanic in proportions, to raise the lower levels to grow at heights.
The battle for existence and the survival of the fittest has ever the rule of life, in nature and among men.
It is a heroic task to awaken and apply these faculties so that our people should become what rightly they should be: morally virile, refined, persevering, public-spirited.
I want our people to grow and be like the molave, strong and resilient, unafraid of the raging flood, the lightning or the storm, confident of its own strength.
We are Orientals. Orientals are known for their passivity and placidity. In the world of humanity, we look upon a quiet lake from which adventures and enterprising may reap enjoyment and gain. I refuse to allow Filipinos to be so regarded.
We shall be a flowing stream, a rippling brook, a deep and roaring torrent full of life, of hope, of faith and of strength. Through self-discipline, we shall harness all our energies so that our power spreading over the length and breadth of this land will develop its resources, advance its culture, promote social justice and secure happiness and contentment to all the people under the aegis of liberty and peace.
GROW AND BE LIKE THE MOLAVE by Manuel Luis quezon
- sponge27 likes this
- yamiakuzetsu reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- yamiakuzetsu likes this
- ajinmrbl reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- banatera202 reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- milczzo8 reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- vasilii-petrovich likes this
- gliermo likes this
- traducteur-paris likes this
- thefifteenthtarget likes this
- flu0rescence likes this
- mima-xx reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- jproquejr likes this
- lovekokatorse likes this
- le5ahanne likes this
- mrdomat likes this
- seven-black-roses likes this
- theblairwaldorf likes this
- themoststupidperson reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- pitimimi reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- smileaboutsomething reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- smileaboutsomething likes this
- samgabofficial likes this
- 23deecy reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- 23deecy likes this
- iwriteasiwrite reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- psychopopbunny likes this
- borderingoninsanity likes this
- kaybu reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- kaybu likes this
- facadesofalonelysoul likes this
- thepocketofmysunshine likes this
- pinoytumblr reblogged this from representasian
- representasian posted this